TransForm Gesellschaft für Sprachen- und Mediendienste mbH, (referred to in the following as “TransForm”), welcomes you to our website. Data protection and data security in the use of our website are very important to us. We would therefore like to inform you of which personal data we collect from you when you visit our website and for which purposes we use this data.
Section 1 Responsible person and scope
Responsible within the meaning of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (referred to below as: GDPR) and other national data protection legislation of the member states and other data protection regulations is:
TransForm Gesellschaft für Sprachen- und Mediendienste mbH
Dürener Straße 177 – 179
50931 Köln, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 221 / 9405530
Fax: +49 (0) 221 / 9405536
Section 2 Data protection officer
Section 3 Basis of the data processing
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, your age, your address, your telephone number, your date of birth, your e-mail address, your IP address or user behaviour. Information which we cannot (or can only with a disproportionate effort) use to establish a connection to your person, e.g. as a result of anonymization of the information, is not personal data. The processing of personal data (for example, the collection, the requesting, the using, the storage or the transfer) always requires a legal basis or your consent. Processed personal data are deleted as soon as the purpose of the processing has been fulfilled and no further legally specified retention periods remain unfulfilled.
Insofar as we process your personal data for the provision of specific offers, we inform you in the following of the concrete processes, the scope, and the purpose of the data processing, the legal basis for the processing, and the respective duration of storage.
Section 4 Individual processes
1. Provision and use of the website
a. Type and scope of the data processing
When you visit and use our website we collect the personal data that your browser automatically transfers to our server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. When you use our website, we collect the following data, which is technically required in order for us to display our website to you and to ensure the stability and security:
- the IP address of the querying computer
- the date and time of the access
- the name and URL of the requested file
- the website from which the access originated (referrer URL)
- the browser used and where applicable the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider
b. Legal basis
The data processing referred to is carried out on the basis of Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR. The processing of the named data is required for the provision of the website and thus is in the legitimate interest of our company.
c. Duration of storage
All of the named data are deleted as soon as they are no longer required for the display of the website. The collection of the data for the display of a website and the storage of the data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently there is no way for the user to object to this. Continued storage of this data can take place in individual cases where this is legally required.
2. Contact form
a. Type and scope of the data processing
- given and family names
- e-mail address
- telephone number
- type of query
- file upload
- source language(s)/target language(s)
The entry of your e-mail address and/or telephone number is for the purpose of assigning your query and being able to answer you. None of your personal data are transferred to third parties when you use the contact form.
b. Legal basis
The data processing for the purpose of establishing contact described above takes place pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR on the basis of the following declaration of consent that you have freely given:
Declaration of consent:
With the entry of my data and the operation of the “Send” button, I consent to the processing of my e-mail address and/or my telephone number for the purposes of responding to my contact request.
I can withdraw my consent to the collection of personal data collected during my use of the contact form at any time.
c. Duration of storage
All of your personal data processed via the contact form will be deleted as soon your query has been dealt with and the facts in question have been finally cleared. Continued storage of this data can take place in individual cases where this is prescribed by law.
3. Applicant portal
You can submit job applications via our website. The protection of your personal data during the entire application process is important to us.
The following personal data are processed when we deal with your application:
- given name
- family name
- date of birth
- e-mail address
The personal data which you transfer to us (PDFs for application letters, CVs and where appropriate additional files) are collected and processed by TransForm exclusively for the purpose of dealing with your application. You are welcome to submit an unsolicited application or an application for a specific position using the application process. If you have registered yourself as an unsolicited applicant, your data will be used for the purpose of assessing your suitability for all open positions coming into question. If you have applied for a specific position, your data will only be used for the purpose of filling this specific position. If you wish us to check your profile against other vacant positions, then please give us your consent to this. We treat your data as absolutely confidential and do not transfer it to third parties. In the event of your recruitment, your data will be stored and processed as employee data. Your data will be erased as soon as possible after the end of the application process. Should you withdraw your application, we will erase your data immediately.
Section 5 Transfer of data
We do not normally transfer your personal data to third parties. We only transfer your data when:
- You have given your express consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
- the transfer is legally permitted and is necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual relationship with you pursuant to Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR,
- when a legal obligation to carry our the transfer exists pursuant to Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR,
- the transfer pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the company or is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to suppose that you have a overriding legitimate interest in your data not being transferred
1. Type and scope of the data processing
Different types of cookies are used on our website. Their type and function is explained in more detail below.
Transient cookies are used on our website. They are automatically erased as soon as you close your browser. This type of cookie makes it possible to collect your session ID. This enables different queries from your browser to be assigned to the same session and it is possible for us to recognize your terminal during subsequent visits to our website.
Persistent cookies are used on our website. Persistent cookies are cookies that are stored in your browser for longer periods and transfer information to us. The period for which the information is stored depends on the respective cookie. You can delete persistent cookies from your browser yourself by means of your browser settings.
These cookies are required for technical reasons, so that you can visit our website and use the functions that we offer.
These cookies also contribute to the secure and proper use of the website.
2. Legal basis
3. Duration of storage
As soon as the data transferred to us by the cookies is no longer necessary for achieving the goals described above, the information is erased. Continued storage of this data can take place in individual cases where this is legally required.
4. Configuration of the browser settings
Most browsers are preset to accept cookies as standard. You can, however, configure your browser so that only specific types of cookies or even none at all are accepted. However, we point out that you may not be able to use all of the functions of our website if cookies have been deactivated on our website due to your browser settings You can also delete cookies that have already been stored in your browser by means of your browser settings. Furthermore, it is also possible to set your browser so that you are notified before cookies are stored. As the various browsers can differ in their respective functions, we request that you refer to your browser’s Help menu in order to make use of the possible configurations. Should you wish a comprehensive overview of all accesses made by third parties to your Internet browser, we recommend the installation of plugins specially developed for this purpose.
Section 7 Tracking and analysis tools
We do not use any tools for tracking our visitors or for the analysis of user behaviour on our website https://www.transform.cologne.
Section 8 Hyperlinks
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites of other providers. Activating these hyperlinks will take you from our website directly to the website of the other providers. You can recognize this by the change in the URL. We cannot accept any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data on such third-party websites as we have no influence on these companies’ conformance with data protection regulations. Please refer directly to these websites themselves for information concerning the handling of your personal data by these companies.
Section 9 Rights of the data subjects
Pursuant to the GDPR, you as the data subject whose personal data is being processed have the following rights:
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR you have the right to obtain from us information on your personal data that we process. In particular, you have the right to obtain information as to the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data insofar as it was not collected by us, on a transfer to third countries or to international organizations, and as to the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the details thereof.
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR you have the right to obtain from us without undue delay the rectification or the completion of inaccurate personal data concerning you and stored by us.
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR you have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal data to the extent that the processing of the data is not necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR you have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing of your personal data insofar as you contest the accuracy of your personal data, the processing is unlawful, we no longer require the data and you oppose their erasure, because you require the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You also have the right pursuant to Article 18 GDPR when you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR.
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR you have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require the transmission of those data to another controller.
- Pursuant to Article 7 (3) GDPR you can withdraw your consent as granted to us at any time. This has the consequence that the data processing that is based on this consent may no longer be carried out in future.
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can address this to the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or our registered office.
Section 10 Right to object
Where your personal data is being processed on the basis of legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 (f) GDPR, you have the right pursuant to Article 21 GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or where the data are being processed for direct marketing purposes. In the case of direct marketing you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without indication of a particular situation.
Section 11 Data security and security measures
We undertake to protect your privacy and to treat your personal data as confidential. In order to prevent the manipulation, loss or misuse of your personal data as stored by us we take extensive technical and organisational security measures which are regularly reviewed and adapted in line with technological progress. These include the use of recognized encryption technologies (SSL or TLS). We point out, however, that due to the structure of the Internet it is possible that the rules of data protection and the aforementioned security measures may not be observed by other persons or institutions who are not within our area of responsibility. In particular, data revealed without encryption — e.g. when sent by e-mail — can be read by third parties. We have no technical influence over this. It is the responsibility of the user to protect by encryption or other means against the misuse of the data he provides.